When: Friday, 5th November, 2021
Time: 10.00AM – 12.00PM EDT (UTC -4)
Myopia is one of the greatest public health eye issues of the 21 st century,(1) with 50% of the world’s population predicted to be affected by 2050,(2) when myopia macular degeneration will also join the leading causes of vision impairment. The International Myopia Institute (IMI), a key outcome of a 2015 meeting of the WHO-BHVI meeting on myopia, has become an important source of reviews of relevant research and evidence-based clinical management recommendations, and resources for decision-making health bodies. The second series of IMI White Papers, published recently in IOVS shared the latest updates.
This session represents the first open discussion in a North American optometric meeting on the findings and recommendations captured in the second series of IMI White Papers.
Professor James Wolffsohn & Professor Christine Wildsoet
- Professor Jeff Walline – Impact of Myopia
- Professor Vicki Chen – Pathologic Myopia & Paediatric Myopia
- Doctor Lisa Ostrin – Risk Factors for Myopia
- Associate Professor Fuesanta Vera-Diaz – Accommodation and Binocular Vision in Myopia
- Doctor Maria Liu – Prevention of Myopia and its Progression
- Professors Christine Wildsoet and James Wolffsohn – Yearly Digest Update
Visit https://academymeeting.org/ for more information.